Wednesday 9 February 2011

'Perfect' February

It's probably irony deciding that me doing something as daft as signing up to a Facebook campaign called 'Perfect February' is just asking for trouble, but the last week and a half has had me reaching for the ice cream. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than reaching for the red wine, which is what I normally do, but for some reason I get a real kick out of eating ice cream in the winter. Also, it tends to be on special offer this time of year.

Work has been stressy. Mostly due to politics and drama within the office, but I did almost have a table thrown at me yesterday which would have traveled through a window before hitting me had the student not changed his mind last minute. The main problem with the drama is that it makes me angry (and justifiably so) and I don't like the person I become when I'm angry. Aside from all else, I've had some really angsty music playing in my car to match my mood - makes me feel like I'm 16 again.

Thankfully, the one thing that has been going really well is kung fu (ha - you thought I was going to say knitting there didn't you?). Things on my belt are starting to click and stay in my head and today I was learning defenses against a knife - i.e. if someone were to attack me with a knife, I could (theoretically) gain control of the knife and use it to stab them without leaving my prints on the knife. Which is pretty awesome. Well, it is to me.

Also, I have been dying.

No, wait. Dyeing.

Yes, dyeing.

No comments: