Sunday 3 October 2010

Two Stoles

I guess life has been getting in the way of blogging. Thankfully not getting in the way of the knitting though.

I cast on for Muir ( ) last week using the finest laceweight I have ever used (Grignasco MerinoSilk) which has 1500 yards to the 100g skein and took me just over two hours to wind into a ball by hand. I'm really loving both the yarn and the pattern - it's complicated, but once you hit the stride it flows nicely and it's wonderfully stretchy. It's going to block out to be huge, which is what I was looking for.

And I've joined a KAL (thats a knit-a-long) for October which is for Raspberry Dream Stole ( ). For this I'm using Knit Picks Gloss Lace - I bought this in a bright red colour called Fiesta with no idea what to use it for because I was so happy to find a UK stockist of Knit Picks yarn. It feels more like sock weight at the moment - mostly because of the comparison to the extreme cobweb weight I've been using - and is otherwise everything I thought it would be. Cheap and cheerful. Not that thats any bad thing particuluarly. The pattern is going quite quickly. I cast on maybe four hours ago and have done the set up rows and the first 14 rows of the first chart. I worry though that this means it's not going to be as wide as I like my stoles to be. I'm still trying to decide if I want to rip it out and try to add an extra repeat to the width. It'll be nice to try and keep up with the KAL thats running too - having lots of people knitting the same thing as me at the same time. Yeay.

Aside from knitting, this week has been a little weird. Due to one thing or another I've ended up doing no excercise at all. Up until last night when I went out to Rawkus with Slava. We danced a lot. Like a LOT a lot. Feeling it today as well!

No comments: