Saturday, 14 May 2011

And so it begins...

...the grump that is.

Here are two socks:

Do you see the problem?

The one on the bottom is the second sock - the one knit two years give or take after the first. Now it did occur to me while I was knitting it that it was highly likely that after two years my gauge would have changed, so I did check continuously throughout the process and it seemed to more or less match. Up to the toe, the length was spot on. However, the toe then went a bit mad and seemed to grow to twice the size of the previous sock. I wondered if this could still be passable, but, when it was off the needle, I noticed that the whole thing was a lot wider than the previous sock. Hmm.

So now I have one normal, fitted sock and one giant sock. I haven't quite decided if just blocking them both will even them out enough, or if I should just unpick the toe and see if I can knit it tighter.

So, in the meantime I've been working on my hand dyed Spring Leaves, which I have failed to so far mention and have cast on for some Pomatomus socks using a brownish grey Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock that I originally used for some Outside In socks that ended up being put aside and forgotten about. I'm quite enjoying this sock thing.

In other news, I started on my course today. It's really very intense. Trust me to pick a sport with a rule book one hundred and ninety two A4 pages long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh no that is kinda of sucky. They both look amazing though and I love the color.