Sunday 19 September 2010

Lucky Shopping

I've trodden on something sticky which is now on my slipper meaning wherever I step I'm leaving little sticky patches. Unfortunately I didn't notice this until after I'd put the washing machine on.

I've been feeling a bit 'meh' this weekend. Kind of despondent and unable to pull myself out of it. But I went shopping today and bought a new suit jacket which is a size smaller than the size I thought I was. Plus I tried on a pair of trousers in the smaller size and could get them up, do them up and didn't have horrid fat rolls (though sitting down would have been an issue). It's funny - I know I've lost weight - apparantly more than I thought - but I don't see it when I look in the mirror...

I also went into Primark intending to get some socks and came out with some socks and a winter coat. It's very pretty - purple grey and black checks.

And now I'm updating this while watching Criminal Minds and with a purple face. This is because I'm wearing face mask, not because I'm ill or angry or similar.

These things should make me happy.

My lack of motivation to do anything that needed to be done this weekend has resulted in me finishing and casting off the Echo Flowers shawl. I will need to do the sewing in and blocking this week. Then I picked up the stitches to finish the last sleeve on my February Lady Sweater and now only have 14 rows of garter stitch to do. I'm worried about the amount of yarn I have left though, it might not make it.

See, ven when I'm unmotivated, I manage to get lots done.

No comments: