Saturday 6 November 2010

Lace

I am spending this weekend mostly in London. I drove down last night - first time I've ever driven on the motorway in the dark. It wasn't too bad, apart from when it was raining so hard I couldn't see anything - that was very scary. I am down here because I will be going to see Bill Bailey tonight. Yeay.

I decided that I would only bring my Muir stole with me, so that I could concentrate on getting back into lace knitting. However, this seems to mean that I'm not going to knit anything while I'm here. I don't know why this is proving so hard to pick back up. I love the pattern, adore the yarn and am thrilled with the results so far. But I also keep telling myself I'm not sure where I stopped (this may not be true - I'm 98% sure I finished a pattern repeat and didn't start the next and am pretty sure thst actually looking at it would tell me) and that I'm very tired and will probably make mistakes (this is possibly true, but mistakes can be fixed.

I should just suck it up and get on with it, right?

No comments: