Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years Resolutions

It's the end of another year. Again, I'm looking back wondering where all the time went. And quite what I did with it all...

This time last year, I wrote a post detailing my goals for the year.

I had signed up for the 11 Shawls in 2011 challenge on Ravelry. Sadly, whilst I did complete the challenge (with all the knitting done by September), this challenge seems to have done the opposite of what it was supposed to. Now, when I go looking for a shawl pattern to knit, I cannot find one that I want to knit anymore. Well, not lace shawls anyhow - there are a couple of solid shawls I'd like to get done, but I'm not finding lace knitting as awesome as I did last year. Maybe it's a good thing to get the bug out of me. Eventually, though everything was knit and blocked by September, I didn't post them on Rav until last week, which is how little I cared about actually finishing the challenge. Not surprisingly, I have not signed up for the next one.

Secondly, I promised to blog at least twice a month. Technically, I did not manage this as I only blogged once in September, however with a total of 51 blog posts - almost one per week - I definitely reached my goal of blogging more. I would like to keep this up in the New Year, as well as keeping up with my Twitter.

The last goal from last year was to lose weight. I lost some, I gained some, in the end I think I'm leaving this year a little lighter than I went into last year, but this is also something I need to keep up.

This year, I have a few goals, not many of which are crafty, but I shall mention them anyway.

My first goal is to get my black belt. I'm not sure how realistic it is, but I do know I will need to put a lot of work in.

My second goal is to take the idea in my head and put it down on paper and see if I can make it into some kind of pattern that people would like to knit.

My last goal is to try and do more interesting stuff in my life. I'm not quite sure what that will look like yet, but I'm hoping I'll know it when it appears.

Whatever you are doing, I wish you the very happiest of New Year's and I hope that the one coming brings you all you could wish for (I wish for Wollmeise...).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh Yay for black belt! I want to find a new kung-fu (or other style) studio here in my new home. Unfortunately, we're a little cash strapped for something like that and having one car makes it difficult.

Good luck with your goals and Happy New Year!

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

Happy new year and good luck with your goals for next year. Even if you write a very confusing pattern, there are some excellent test sitters on Ravelry who can fix it for you, so go for it!

ابو السيد said...




السلامه عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته نحن فى شركة الكمال نقوم بافضل واقوى المبيدات العالميه الموجودة

التى تقضى على جميع الحشرات الطائره والزاحفة وابادة الحشرات
شركة رش مبيدات بجازان
شركة مكافحة حشرات بحائل
شركة رش مبيدات بحائل
والسلامة عليكم وحمة الله وبركاته

al ghadeer said...

شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات شمال الرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات
شركة تنظيف مكيفات غرب الرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالخرج
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالخبر
فنى صيانة مكيفات سبليت بالرياض
نتيجة الثانوية العامة 2019

_______