Saturday 12 March 2011

Slump

I've been really productive and got a lot done in the past few days - went to the gym and did some exercise at home, popped out to see a friend for tea, caught up with my reading, even took some quiet time of reflection today which was very nice. Of course this is probably because I haven't knit a stitch in days.

Actually, thats a lie. That friend I went to see? She's been wanting to learn to knit, so I took her some beginner needles and showed her how to cast on (knitted) and she managed three rows! So I did some rows quickly using different stitch patterns just to show her how it all looked and how to tell the differences. Then I ripped it all out and gave her the yarn.

So, my Aeolian Take Two is going fairly well. I'm about 20 rows from the end. It's going so well, in fact, that I ran out of yarn on Friday. I've ordered some more and it's shipped (along with more undyed yarn - this time I'm going to try using Dr Oetker Food Dye), but I don't think it'll be here until Wednesday.

I also cast on for a Percy Shawl in some green FoxItaly yarn I received as part of a colour swap. I was quite happily knitting away on it when I hit chart B. I wasn't hugely looking forward to it as I knew it was going to be hard, but I'm not enjoying it at the moment. The problem is that there are no rest rows - the lace is on the knit and the purl sides. Whilst it's not particularly complicated, the fact that I have to count on every row is getting me down. Then I made a mistake. And I don't know what I've done. But the thought of having to tink back that far and then knit it back up is just depressing right now. So instead, my shawl is sitting in the naughty corner.

I don't particularly want to cast on for another shawl before I finish one of these - especially the Percy Shawl, since I'm worried that if I don't pick it up again soon, I won't at all - so in the meantime I'm having to find other ways to fill my time.

No comments: